Winter blues got ya down?
Then this comforting creamy soup is sure to hit the spot.
SIMPLE INGREDIENTS, SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONS; But because there are only a few ingredients, I would advise you to get the best quality ingredients you can afford.
For the cheese, we used a good quality aged Parmesan, Kerrygold Butter, and duck fat.
That’s right…Duck Fat!
If Parmigiano Reggiano is the “KING OF CHEESES”, then Duck Fat is the “QUEEN OF FATS”
It’s rich, delicious, and turns anything it touches in culinary gold; That’s why in a simple soup like this, I prefer using duck fat over olive oil. But any keto approved fat/oil is fine if you can’t get a hold of it.
Roasting the vegetables gives an earthy sweetness to the soup, and the same applies for roasting the garlic cloves with the skins on. It makes the garlic sweet and takes away the bite and intensity of raw garlic.
1 large or 2 medium heads of cauliflower (cut into florets)
1/2 small onion
6 cloves of garlic (keep skin on)
1 cup grated Parmesan
1/2 stick butter
2 TBSP duck fat (lard, bacon dripping or olive oil)
3 cups chicken bone broth
2 cups heavy whipping cream
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a large mixing bowl, add cauliflower florets, onion, garlic and duck fat/oil. Mix until all of the ingredients are well coated with the fat/oil.
- Spread all of the ingredients onto a large baking tray and roast until all the vegetables are golden and quite soft. About 30-40 mins. Don’t be afraid of some color, that’s where the flavor is!!
- Peel the skins off the roasted garlic and discard skins.
- In a large mixing bowl or saucepan add all of the roasted ingredients while they’re still hot, 2 cups of the broth and mix with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Over medium heat, add cream, the last cup of stock, Parmesan and butter to the soup mixture and stir well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring soup to a simmer, and serve.
- Top each persons soup with a little extra Parmesan, some crumbled bacon and chives. ** If you want to get real fancy, drizzle a little Truffle Oil**
SERVES: 4 – 6 servings depending on portion size
PRODUCTS WE USE: