Hollandaise Sauce and Keto walk hand in hand….They were literally MADE FOR EACH OTHER! There is no other sauce more suited to the keto way of eating, than Hollandaise Sauce. However it’s a sauce that has sparked fear and trepidation into the hearts of not just ordinary home cooks, but also professional chefs! It has a reputation for being a total Diva! It can be very temperamental, it can split and separate, and it has a short shelf life. But if made successfully…..Oh my word….silky, luxurious and rich.
It is one of the key components to an eggs benedict, and it can also transform grilled Asparagus into a symphony of flavors.
I remember working in a cafe where I had to make Hollandaise every morning for our breakfast and brunch customers; I was taught to make it the old school culinary way. A stainless mixing bowl, a balloon whisk, great patience and a few prayers!
However, with a few simple steps and a blender, I will have you making a fool proof Hollandaise in just a matter of minutes! And the best part is, I’ve tried it side by side with the old school method; ABSOLUTELY NO DIFFERENCE!
1 egg yolk from a large egg (no egg white allowed)
1 stick of butter (we use Kerrygold)
1 tsp water
1 tsp lemon juice (from a fresh lemon)
- In a small blender/ninja or small food processor; add all ingredients except butter.
- Melt butter until lightly bubbling/foamy.
- While butter is still hot, turn on blender and very slowly trickle in the hot butter until the Hollandaise is thick and creamy.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, you could even add truffle oil, or a little hot sauce if you wanted for a variation.
- Use immediately as Hollandaise does not sit well or refrigerate.
MAKES: 1.5 cups
PRODUCTS WE USE:
This USB mini juice blender is perfect for this sized recipe!