This recipe is more of an idea, than a recipe as such.
Dried Cranberries or Craisins are very popular at this time of year, and are used in all sorts of cakes, cookies, and in savory stuffing/dressings for the turkey.
But have you seen how much sugar and carbs are in those things?
My gosh, I nearly fell over…But, because Cranberries are so tart, they have to be offset with a bunch of sweetness to balance the flavors and make it palatable.
The simple solution….Make your own…
Cranberries aren’t hugely high in Carbohydrates, so they can be added to things in small quantities to give them that Holiday Flavor, and a pop of Festive Color.
We’ve decided to showcase them here in our Keto Snack Mix, and it makes a good little grab and go snack, or you can put it into a decorated mason jar, and give it to your family and friends as a token holiday gesture.
- Heat oven to 200F.
- Cut all your cranberries in half.
- Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and combine well until cranberries are fully coated with the mixture.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, and pour cranberries onto the sheet and spread them out evenly, giving each cranberry some space.
- Put cranberries into the oven, and let them dehydrate for around 3 to 4 hours. Be sure to check that they don’t get too crispy.
- Let cool, and place in an airtight container.
- Use as you would normal craisins.
SNACK MIX INGREDIENTS:
- Full recipe of craisins
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup lilys milk chocolate chips
SNACK MIX INSTRUCTIONS:
- Over med/low heat, toast slivered almonds in a medium sized skillet for around 1-2 mins. Until very lightly golden.
- Place toasted almonds, Lilys chocolate chips, and craisins into a large mixing bowl, and toss until all the ingredients are evenly disbursed.
- Then store in an airtight container or fill up individual mason jars, and give them for gifts.
PRODUCTS WE USE:
- KITCHEN AID MEASURING SPOONS/CUPS
- STAINLESS MIXING BOWLS
- PYREX MIING BOWLS
- RACHEL RAY NONSTICK SKILLETS
- 8oz MASON JARS
Cooking Keto With Faith is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com