Who misses marshmallows in their hot cocoa?
I know for one I do, and so does Faith Rose; And she has been persistently begging me to come up with a keto version of Marshmallows.
So this is the recipe….. And all I can say is WOW!!
Unlike Faith Rose, I’ve never really been a marshmallow fan, but these marshmallows are so light and fluffy….It may just change my mind.
And they are surprisingly VERY EASY TO MAKE!
Put them in your hot cocoa, dip some in keto chocolate…you can even do a marshmallow, chocolate, toasted coconut combination.
- 1 cup cold water (divided into 2)
- 1 cup Swerve confectioners sweetener
- 2/3 cup xylitol or allulose if you don’t wish to use xylitol
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2.5 TBSP grass fed gelatin
- 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
- pinch of salt
- Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper, and also grease the parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl (we used our Kitchen Aid bowl) add 1/2 cup of the water, and sprinkle the gelatin over the water to bloom.
- Combine the other half of the water, both of the sweeteners, salt and cream of tartar in a small saucepan, over medium heat, and keep stirring until it comes to a boil and reaches 240F.
- With your Kitchen Aid or hand mixer on low speed (we used #1 on Kitchen Aid), slowly pour your sugar syrup down the side of the bowl and let it mix until all of the syrup is incorporated.
- Add your vanilla extract.
- Set your Kitchen Aid or hand mixer to med/high speed (we used #6 on Kitchen Aid), let it mix until stiff peaks form. Approx. 15 mins.
- As fast as you can, pour out the marshmallow mixture into the lined pan, and smooth out as best as you can. TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE in this stage.
- Let set for 4 hours, until the marshmallow is no longer sticky to the touch. Remove the parchment paper and marshmallow out and cut into desired sizes.
- Let set for another 4 hours or until a light skin has formed on the marshmallows.
- Use and Enjoy how you would regular marshmallows!
PRODUCTS WE USE:
Cooking Keto With Faith is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.