Smoky juicy meat, Sweet, Salty , Crispy Skin.
I can’t think of a better meal to CELEBRATE OUR 100th BLOG POST!!
- Preheat smoker to 275F
- While the smoker is heating up, season the chicken quarters with our BBQ Rub. Meat side first, flip over, then skin side last.
- When the smoker is ready to go, put the chicken quarters into the smoker MEAT SIDE DOWN. Allow to cook for 1 Hour.
- Mop the top of the chicken with the Carolina BBQ Sauce every 20 minutes.
- After 1 hour has passed, flip the chicken quarters to SKIN SIDE DOWN. Continue to baste the meat side(now facing up) every 20 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, check the temperature of the chicken inside the thickest part of the thigh with an instant read meat thermometer, it should be around 165F. The skin should be golden and crispy.
- Flip the chicken quarters one more time MEAT SIDE DOWN, until the chicken reads 175F to 180F inside the thickest part of the thigh with an instant read meat thermometer. And you’re done!
*** You don’t mop the chicken this time because you want the skin to stay crisp ***
- Serve with more of the Carolina BBQ Sauce. (But make sure it’s separate from the sauce you mopped with)
PRODUCTS WE USE:
- PIT BOSS WOOD PELLET SMOKER
- PIT BOSS HICKORY PELLETS
- RESTAURANT FULL SIZE STAINLESS PAN 2.5″ Deep
- SILICONE BASTING BRUSH
- THERMOPRO DIGITAL MEAT THERMOMETER
- PIONEER WOMAN CUTTING BOARD
Cooking Keto With Faith is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.